Sir Noel Malcolm
MA, PhD, FBA, FRSL
Senior Research Fellow since 2002
Contact by email
- Political Columnist, Daily Telegraph (from 1992 to 1995)
- Foreign Editor, The Spectator (from 1991 to 1992)
- Political Columnist, The Spectator (from 1987 to 1991)
- Fellow of Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge (from 1981 to 1988)
- Postgraduate, Trinity College and Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge (from 1978 to 1981)
- Undergraduate, Peterhouse, Cambridge (from 1974 to 1978)
- Early modern intellectual history (British and European), especially a) Thomas Hobbes and b) Western knowledge of the Islamic/Ottoman world
- (ed.) Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan, 3 vols. (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 2012).
- Reason of State, Propaganda, and the Thirty Years’ War: An Unknown Translation by Thomas Hobbes (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 2007).
- (with Jacqueline Stedall) John Pell (1611-1685) and his Correspondence with Sir Charles Cavendish: The Mental World of an Early Modern Mathematician (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2005).
- Aspects of Hobbes (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002).
- Kosovo: A Short History (London: Macmillan, 1998).
- The Correspondence of Thomas Hobbes, 2 vols. (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1994).
Teaching and supervision
Other professional memberships and roles
- Honorary Fellow, Trinity College, Cambridge (from 2011)
- Honorary Fellow, Peterhouse, Cambridge (from 2010)
- Member of the Academy of Arts and Sciences of Kosova