The College of All Souls of the Faithful Departed, of Oxford, was founded by Henry VI and Henry Chichele (fellow of New College and Archbishop of Canterbury), in 1438. Today the College is primarily an academic research institution with particular strengths in the Humanities and Social and Theoretical Sciences and an outstanding library. It also has strong ties to public life. Although its fellows are involved in teaching and supervision of research, there are no undergraduate members.
The College is a charity registered with the Charity Commission (Registration number 1138057).